Electricity Market Report 2023
Five breakthrough outcomes of the UN 2023 Water Conference that you should know
40% of the people in the world today face water scarcity and more than 90% of climate disasters are related to water. This is why the UN 2023 Water Conference that took place from 22nd to 24th March in New York highlighted the cross-sectoral nature of water and its role in achieving many of the SDGs through linkages with climate and the environment.
Here is what you should know about the breakthrough outcomes:
- Addressed the water crisis and action needed to ensure equitable access to water for all.
- Captured over 700 commitments from around the world, aimed at driving transformation from a global water crisis to a water-secure world.
- The US announced a commitment of up to $49 billion in investments to support climate-resilient water and sanitation infrastructure and services.
- The African Union Commission committed to close Africa’s water investments gap by mobilising at least US$30 billion/year by 2030.
- The Asian Development Bank committed to investing $11 billion dollars to the water sector in the Asia-Pacific Region and $100 billion to the water sector globally by 2030.