Overcoming Inertia In Climate Tech Investing
March 21, 2023
- $260 billion raised for climate tech startups from global investors since 2018.
- $1.57 billion of global investment into CCUS startups in the first three quarters of 2022, nearly 2X the global investment of $0.9 billion in 2021.
- $2.8 billion global investment in the first three quarters of 2022 into climate change data intelligence startups with the investors’ focus on GHG data intelligence and solutions that include GHG accounting; supply chain traceability; and environment, health and safety reporting.
- 85% of the global emissions in 2019 – energy (12%), industry (34%), built-environment (17%), and agriculture, forest and land use (22%) – received 52% of the global climate tech venture investment in Q3 2021- Q3 2022.
- Mobility with 15% global emissions, received 48% of the global climate tech venture investment in 2022, compared to 61% in 2021.
Access article: PwC State of Climate Tech report 2022