January 5, 2023
- Synfuels and hydrogen will represent 32% of the global energy mix by 2035 and 50% by 2050.
- Power consumption is projected to triple by 2050 as electrification and living standards grow.
- 2 – 4 Gt of CO₂ will need to be captured to decarbonize heavy industries by 2050.
- Annual investments in energy supply and production are expected to double by 2035 where almost all the growth is expected to come from decarbonization technologies and power.
- By 2050, investment in decarbonisation technologies and power will exceed today’s total energy investments while it will rely on the regulations of market design.
Access article: McKinsey & Company